- 1 cup dried Golden Apricots (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup dried Golden Figs (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup Golden Pitted Dates (coarsely chopped)
- 2 cups dark seedless raisins
- 1/3 cup Golden Molasses
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds
- 1 cup Brandy ( optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In large bowl, combine raisins, apricots, figs and dates. Add brandy (optional); toss to combine. Cover and wait overnight or at least 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease pans. Line bottom of pans with waxed paper; grease paper. Dust with flour. In medium bowl, combine flour with baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and allspice.
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar with margarine until creamy. Add eggs to bowl one at a time at low speed with mixer. Add molasses, orange peel, and flour mixture and blend. Then stir in dried-fruit mixture and nuts.
- Pour batter evenly into preferred number of pans. Pour boiling water into roasting pan to fill halfway (on bottom oven rack). Place fruitcakes on rack above. Bake for one hour to one hour and 10 minutes; until top of fruitcakes are golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool fruitcakes in pans for at least 30 minutes. Brush ¼ cup brandy over tops of warm fruitcakes (optional). Let cool.
- You may store cakes at room temperature for 7 days OR refrigerate for up to one month.